Friday, December 29, 2006

Who Will Step Forward?

So here's your discussion topic: What existing character will emerge from nowhere to become a major player in 2007? For '06, I'd say both the Question (who hadn't been seen that often in the DCU) and Nova would be examples. Since I don't know the DCU that well, I'm going to stick to Marvel and predict the emergence of...

The Guardians of the Galaxy. I'd say that the effects of Annihilation, combined with all the reality-warping that's been going on the last couple years, is going to bring them to this time trying to figure out what the heck is going on. They had a member named Starhawk (or was it Aleta? I think they were combined? Whatever) who was called the "One Who Knows", so I'm sure the reality shifts didn't go unnoticed by him/her.

As for a villain, I'm going to suggest the Sphinx or Diablo, just because it's been awhile since we've seen either one of them, and I think some of the recent events should interest them both.

Your thoughts?

3 comments:

SallyP said...

Personally I feel that Squirrel Girl will be the breakout character this year from Marvel.

Marc Burkhardt said...

I'm going to go out on a limb and say 2007 will be the year of The Shroud.

Of course, I say this every year.

For DC?

The absolutely smashing Spy Smasher!!!

Anonymous said...

I've said it before and I'll say t again:

YEAR OF THE NIGHT NURSE.