Thursday, August 05, 2010

Back To The Applauding Grindstone

Adorable Baby Panda: We were supposed to do this last week, too.

Calvin: {I know, I know. Stuff came up, is all. Besides, I'm not sure how my dad's dogs would have reacted to a panda showing up.}

ABP: I love dogs! We would get along great!

Calvin: {Don't be so sure. Maggie's nuts, and if you even looked in my dad's direction, Hooch would probably get protective. It's endearing when it isn't aggravating. I'm sure you and Buddy would get along fine, though.}

That's good to know. The people who looked like the Secret Six could all use Hugs. You think that was a dream? {That's the way I'm leaning right now. But the DCU is a strange place so I can't rule out reincarnation, alternate universes, or time travel being involved. It was a bad day for all involved, whatever was going on.} Mockingbird could probably use another Hug, maybe Dominic Fortune, too. {Pffft. What about Hawkeye?} I don't think so. He did want to kill Norman Osborn, and he really wanted to kill those Skrulls, so he shouldn't give Fortune and Mockingbird such a hard time. {You read Secret Invasion? Who let you do that?! Was it Deadpool?} No, I just heard about it. {Oh, well, I think we're better off discounting stuff done concerning Hawkeye written by Bendis. Besides, I think there's a difference between Norman Osborn and Random Thug Guy.} You're just saying that because you like Hawkeye. {Not true. I'm also saying it because I've grown to regret the Spider-writers ever bringing Norman back from the dead, and would cheerfully like to see him go back into the literary ground.} But it is partially because you like Hawkeye? {Yes.}

{Can we discuss something other than hugs?} Sure. Phantom Rider deserves a Bonk. {No kidding. At some point, that spectral loser needs to face the facts about himself. Herself. Themselves. Whatever.} Gorilla Man was pretty cool, scaring that random thug into giving up information, and all the stuff he did before he was a gorilla, so Applause. {Throw some of that applause Banda's way, too. He's been holding out on his own against Mustafa's forces until Ken showed up, and he's cool under fire.} He wasn't under fire, he was in front of it. he had the flamethrower. {One, it's a figure of speech. Two, you knew that. Three, he wasn't in front of that fire, he was behind it. The fire was moving away from him and towards the attackers, so they were in its path, thus, they were in front of it.} I'm confused. {Just Applaud Banda.} OK

No comments: