Tuesday, August 17, 2010

DC May Be Reading My Mind

Saturday I was talking about how I picked up the Local Hero issues of Hitman because I got tired of waiting for DC to solicit a 2nd printing of the trade. Yesterday I take a gander at DC's solicits for November (or later in case of the trades), and there it is. Hitman Volume 3: Local Hero, 2nd Printing. That was unexpected, but kind of funny considering the circumstances.

Even stranger, as Matthew mentioned in the comments of Saturday's post, DC also solicited a collection of J.H. Williams' work with DC, and it includes a couple of the issues of Chase I couldn't get (7 and 8). It also includes a couple of issues I did find, but that's fine. Works well for me.

Caleb of Every Day is Like Wednesday wondered why DC didn't release a couple of trades instead. I'm curious about that too. Is this DC testing the waters, seeing if there's enough interest to support trades? Chase was only 10 issues, throw in her appearances in other titles and that could probably be three trades. Doesn't seem like a huge expenditure, but I'm not privvy to DC's inner workings. Maybe the fact it wouldn't be several volumes is a strike against it somehow. I can't figure how, except that perhaps people who buy trades like multi-volume works because it makes them feel they're reading something epic.

At any rate, DC does seem to be observing what I'm buying, though they're a bit behind. Still, it can't hurt to try and turn this to my advantage. Ahem. In the near future, I plan on buying back issues of Suicide Squad because I've grown weary of waiting for DC to actually release that Showcase Edition. Full color trades would also have been acceptable solicitations.

Now we wait and see.

2 comments:

Matthew said...

I'm famous!

CalvinPitt said...

Matthew: Well, when the money rolls in, don't forget all the little folks.