Friday, August 27, 2010

There's Gonna Be Blood On The Walls

Looking at covers and solicits for the next few issues of Secret Six, it appears that the team Jeanette recruited for Bane is going to clash with the crew that went after Catman. Maybe Catman will be involved as well, since he's on next month's cover. Interestingly, Black Alice isn't, so has she already given up on the Six as a way to make money? I know she was tired of chasing after Blake, but I wasn't certain that translated to her being done with the whole thing.

Anyway, given the people involved, not only will these difference be settled with violence, but it will probably be extreme violence. No punch in the face and off to jail here. With that in mind, who do you expect to not make it out alive?

If Alice is still involved, then I'd pick her. She's the least experienced, the most uncertain, the least ruthless, and as she admitted, just because she grabs some mystic's power, doesn't mean she can use it properly. If she's not there, then I'll back the fellow I would have pegged to attack her, Dwarfstar.

For one, September's cover has him paired off with Deadshot, which is never good for one's chances of survival. Second, Gail Simone created him, so if she decides to off him, no harm no foul, and he's such an unpleasant little murderer it would probably be quite satisfying to see him shrink down, only to be blown to bits by one bullet because he didn't get small enough to escape Floyd's notice. Third, for all his talk of enjoying killing, he doesn't strike me as someone who's much good if his enemies fight back. He did hire Deathstroke and company to kill Ryan Choi, rather than doing it himself.

I can't see any of the other replacement members dying because I don't think they're as nuts as Dwarfstar, so if they recognize things are going south, they're more likely to decide the paycheck isn't worth dying for. I should pick someone from the real group, but I can't really see any of them dying. I think they're a little too good, and too close to each other to get knocked off by some other villains who took their spots for the cash. I will say - and place this as a "longshot" - I think Scandal is going to kill Bane. They're supposed to fight at some point, and his newfound love of dino-riding and spear-wielding aside, I don't see Bane bringing himself to kill her. However, I can see him pressing her hard enough in battle that she thinks he will kill her, and opts to kill him first.

Anyway, those are my thoughts.

No comments: